Someone in another thread brought this up and suggested it as a good joint webelos-scout activity - thanks! Maybe you are all aware of this already but no one in my district seems to have ever heard of it before, so I figured I'd share it a little more widely here.

10th Annual Jamboree on the Trail, Saturday May 12th 2007

Go for a hike "together" with scouts from around the world. Check it out at : http://jott.org/

I noticed that if you want to receive the patch in time for the event, you have to register by March 31st. It sounds like you could still register later if you didn't mind waiting for the patch.

Lisa,Thanks for helping spread the word. That was from my post.

The Webelos decided to take us up on our offer and come campimg. They'll probably do thier own hike on a shorter trail. I'm not sure if they are capable of pulling off two 7-10 mile hikes in two days.

I'm still waiting to here from the Cub Pack if they are going to join us on Saturday, do their own hike, then hang around the campsite for dinner and a campfire.

Our boys will be able to get the JOTT patch as well as the Cuyahoga Valley Patch and Medal.

If your ever in Ohio, the Trail runs through the Cuy. Valley NP. It runs right through the middle of Great Trail Council's Camp Butler an borders Camp Manatoc. Every thing is right between Akron and Cleveland, less then 30 minutes to both. Lots of museums and sports nearby. 5 minutes from camp the y also have a professionally designed climbing facility.

Sorry, got of the subject there, theres just a lot to do in the area that makes good scout outings.

Enjoy the HIKING.