Last Sunday, my troop held its first Eagle COH in about 4 1/2 years. It for two Scouts that are part of the group we've rebuilt the troop around in recent years. Things went really well, the Scouts were well uniformed (I'm still amazed at why the Scouts can't wear a full uniform for troop meetings and campouts, but I digress), and our local State Rep gave a very nice presentation without turning it into an campaign speech.

It was definitely nice to see the troop come together to celebrate the achievments of these two Scouts. As we currently have four Life Scouts in the troop, we should be having more Eagle COH in the next couple of years.

We haven't done things perfectly in recent years, but we are moving forward in a positive direction. I don't see this as the end, but more life the beginning of great things to come. The two who just received their Eagles have both turned 18 recently, but they still come to troop meetings almost every week and want to help out before they head off to college in the fall. They've had a great Scouting experience and want to give back.

I wanted to thank the Scouter.com community for all the helpful advice they've given over the years to help my troop get this far. Yes, you can definitely pat yourselves on the back.

Congratulations, Chippewa. Sounds like you are doing everyting right! We also had an Eagle COH this week and another one scheduled for May. One of the guests asked me "Do your scouts always look this good?" RIIIIGHT!!!

Congratulations.

I recently earned my Eagle, and will be having my CoH in a few weeks. Our Troop is like an Eagle factory. Well, its probably because the parents force the kids (mine didn't) to get it etc.

It's good that the scouts continue to return to the troop meetings, not only does it show that they are good scouts, but it shows that the leaders have done a good job in making guys want to come back. Our leaders, kind of scare us away, which is why I won't be returning to very many meetings. I've tried to deal with it, but I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Myself as a Scoutmaster finally had my first Eaglw COH after being Scoutmaster for the past 5 years. Another Eagle COH is coming shortly in our Troop. 2 more Life scouts are presently working their Eagle projects. We have not had and Eagle Scouts in the Troop for over 8 years. 8 Scouts from our Troop and myself went to the 2005 National Jamboree. I've done a major rebuild of our Troop in the past 5 years.