Good evening everyone. I have just been selected as Cub Master of our pack. I have served the last year as a Tiger Den Leader. I will be on this site a lot looking for ideas and help!

Thanks

You're traveling the same path I did. I, too, became cubmaster after being the Tiger Den Leader. It's a lot of fun, and if you have some good leaders working with you, you should do well.

Don't be afraid to make a change if you think you have a better way of doing things. My first year, I was trying to do things the way they always had been done. I started making some changes in my second year (not drastic ones, but small tweaks). In a couple of cases, the other leaders came up to me and told me that they liked the new format/change/ etc.

One thing I wish I had done earlier was attend the Wood Badge Course. If you have a chance, look into it. I'm fortunate in that my younger son will become a Tiger in a year, 3 months after my older son crosses to Boy Scouts. After 3 1/2 years, I'm going to be stepping down as cubmaster to give some one else a chance to bring new ideas to the pack.

Good luck and enjoy.

Tom