Unit Numbers - Oh my!

"Ever been a unit number 666?"

The first Cub Scout pack I belong too was Pack 666. The funny thing was the Charter Organization was the Catholic Church that I was a member.

The kids took pride in it but I do not remember the Adults ever saying anything about it.

Mark Maranto

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta tell ya, my son and I are members of Pack 13 and have enjoyed every minute of it. Nothing unlucky there. Same goes for our Troop.

Rain on an overnighter isn't unlucky, it's a prerequisite!

John

OGE-

I got your 25 or 624 reference right away. I had to laugh, as I really like the song. It is actually about writing a song and not being able to find the right words. When it was being written, Robert Lamm got to the line that said "sitting cross legged on the floor" and he couldn't think of anything that went with it. He looked at his watch and it was 3:34 or 3:35 in the morning (25 or 6 to 4). He stuck it in there for the time being since it rhymed. When he came back to it the next day, he decided to keep it.

Another number that might be used is one near the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. They could be number 87654321.

Or, if anyone lives in a town named Heinz (especially if they had the old community strips), they could be Troop 57.