Hi my name is Christina and I have been a leader for 3 yrs now. I enjoy my life as a leader but it is very draining. I feel I spend more time with scouts than with my baby girl and husband. But the love I receive from my boys make up for it. And I am so proud of my guys they have been on a winning spree this year more than any other year. Also most have advanced through the ranks quickly and have committed themselves to making us great. Thanks my young men and parents thanks for making my job easier.

Welcome to the forum. Many of us can certainly understand your concern about the time commitment. Many spouses feel like "scouting widows/widowers" at times. But the pay you receive is great - not my monetary standards, but by the smiles in their faces and the impact you see on them years down the road. Keep the faith, you'll be paid great dividends.

Welcome in Christina. Glad to have you join us.

Try to get some of those parents involved more and have then help out. Even more fun when there are others to spread the work around. Doing everything yourself will make for one burnt out Scouter in a hurry.