Roy Williams will retire September

OGE, please don't quit your day job.. your family still needs to b making something;)

Beaver, don't forget the WIFI in the new tents and packs so the Scouts can stil access SCOUTER and MB.net!

And heck, get rid of the citizenship part.. it's slowing people down and it ain't cool anymore either(j/k)

• 1 month later...

Whenever the change in CSE happens, I would hope that National does some advertising.

The promise of Scouting is our product, and to successfully reach the masses, we have to advertise.

I'm sure most of us do local recruiting at school nights, and assemblies.

I just think that if the boys "see" what the program delivers, they will be more interested in joining.

The semifinalists for the position of Chief Scout Executive are:

Wayne Brock Director, Southern Region

Ponce Duran Scout Executive,Circle Ten Council

Tom Fitzgibbon Director, Western Region

Robert Mazzuca Assistant Chief Scout Executive

Don McChesney Scout Executive,Atlanta Area

Council

Gene Stone Director Northeast Region.

The committee will meet again on April 26 to determine the finalists. Final interviews are set for May 22, 2007.

Ea.

• 1 month later...

Bob Mazzuca, Assistant Chief Scout Executive will become the new Chief Scout Executive, effective September 1, 2007. It is worth noting that that Bob started his career in the Yosemite Area Council hedquartered in Modesto, CA in 1971. He later served as the Scout Executive of the former 49'er Council based in Stockton from 1983-1987.