Snow, Snow and more Snow!

It hasnt stop snowing here since Monday morning.

Locally it has been just a constant light dusting but a few miles north of here has been getting pounded.

Roundtable tonight in the District just to the north of me was canceled.

I heard on the news this morning that the town where it is held has gotten 77 of snow since Monday.

They are expecting another 18-24 by tomorrow.

A month ago we had no snow and it was unseasonably warm weather and we were wondering if we were going to get any snow this year.

All the Sea Scouts could talk about at the last meeting was for an early spring to get back out on the water.

I dont know if all this snow is going to be melted by then.

CNY ... can y'all package 'em and ship 'em down here to Texas? We'd love to have a few inches!

Houston, Tx, that is. I'm sure that the Panhandle has their fare share.

Yesterday, I had to turn on the AC in the car! AC in February! Uggggghhhhh!(This message has been edited by OneHour)

I just heard on the news that the area wherethe Roundtable was to be held may hit 100" of snow by tomoorow night!

I'll have to send the suggestion on sending some of the snow down to Houston, Tx.

The couple of small cities in this snow area are looking for places to dump the snow as they have just run out of room to put it.

They actually have a large open field just out side of town where the have to truck the snow to.

They usually give the height of the mound I haven'y heard where its at yet but in a normal winter it gets well over 35' tall.

I just heard on the news that the area wherethe Roundtable was to be held may hit 100" of snow by tomoorow night!

I'll have to send the suggestion on sending some of the snow down to Houston, Tx.

The couple of small cities in this snow area are looking for places to dump the snow as they have just run out of room to put it.

They actually have a large open field just out side of town where the have to truck the snow to.

They usually give the height of the mound I haven'y heard where its at yet but in a normal winter it gets well over 35' tall.

CNYScouter, we'll take any snow you want to truck our way and we're much closer then Houston (less fuel to ship it!).

Maine has had a very light snow winter and we need the snow BADLY! Much of our winter tourism isn't happening and our busiest tourist snowmobiling winter is next weekend and doesn't look that great in some parts of the state due to the lack of white stuff. I know of some areas that are trucking in what they can to build-up the trails for those out-of-state snowmobilers.

Many of our small mom-and-pop ski resorts (the affordable ones, unlike the biggies-Sunday River, Sugarloaf, etc.) have not been able to open until a couple weeks ago (if they have snowmaking capabilities) due to the lack of snow.

So please, tell your cities and towns who are running out of places to dump their white stuff, that we'll gladly take it here in Maine.

We depend way too much on tourism. (sigh)