Sign in to follow this  
robvio

On the brink of reviving history..(see inside for better explanation)

My excitement is starting to overwhelm me and I just had to put my info out there!

I am in the start up process of reviving Boy Scouting in Burnside KY. There has not been an active Troop in the town for a couple of years and I have volunteered as a SM and have 2 men signed in as ASMs as well! The Troop Committee has been formed and now its time to start getting boys and parents interested!

For explanation as to why I am excited, I include the following link.

(I hope the link works)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnside,_Kentucky

Read the second paragraph under the history.

Say a few prayers that the future of Scouting in the Troop meets what my vision has in store!

Note: I do understand that its a debatable Birthplace of Boy Scouts. Let me have my 15 minutes! ;)

About 20 years ago, we spent a week on a High Adventure trip houseboating on Lake Cumberland. We had a day after our trip to "unwind" and see the local sights in the area. As we were driving thru Burnside, we stopped to see what a historical marker was, and lo and behold it was a marker celebrating the first Boy Scout troop in the country. Somewhere in our archives there is a picture of our group standing around that historical marker!

Good luck to you!

Dale

robvio,

Good luck and thanks for what you are doing! How many boys?

How many close together local schools for recruiting?

What happened to kill the old program?

Anarchist