There are a number of Eagle ceremonies that make reference to a light box that enables illumination of the different colors of the Eagle medallion or the badge.

Does anyone know where I can find plans to construct a light box? Or where to purchase one?

Haven't had much luck finding one online...I did find one picture that gave no indication of size or any details about how to build it (such as getting the image on a sheet of transluscent plastic, bulb type/wattage, how large it should be to be effective, etc).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

This answer came from one of our past forums that I just came across so I take no credit I just wanted to help

Robb

One troop has a big 3 by 4 ft box with stained glass copy of the eagle badge. Then there is a light bulb behind each section of the badge and they turn each on as they describe the meaning of each part of the badge.

Another posted:

We have an oversized Eagle medal replica about 4-ft. tall that we hang center stage behind the Eagle Scouts chair. Then we have a set of 4 large flora delis candle holders that we use for a Scout Law ceremony.

The Eagle was made by taking a clipart image of the Eagle medal enlarging it a little and printing it on a sheet of transparency film. then it was put on an overhead projector and projected onto a half sheet of 1/4 inch plywood and traced. We asked an art student at the local high school to paint it for us. She got a grade we got a great Eagle. She painted the Eagle and the banner with the knot. Then a parent sewed the ribbon section. The ring connecting the ribbon and Eagle was cut from plywood as well.

I cut out the shape and traced it onto 1/4 plywood squares 12in X 12in. Then I used a band saw to cut out the shapes. A rectangular block of wood about 2in X 2in and 7 inches long with 3 holes drilled into it to receive candles was glued and nailed to the back. Then a simple base was attached and the whole thing sanded primed and then spray painted metallic gold.

Attach a short length of 1 1/2 PVC pipe (with a cap on the top end) to the back of the banner. It can then be slid over a post in a flag stand.

The candle holders I made. I took a scout emblem from the Internet blew it up to 10 3/4 inches tall, and printed it out on heavy paper stock. We use red, white and blue candles in them.