I thought I would put this out there. Ever Year we have a WB Noureunion. So how about a Scouter Forum nonreuion. I had talk to a member and the comment was made about meeting and talking to some of the forum members. I know there will be some problems with this. Like a time and a place to meet and spend a weekend in a face to face forum. There is a Church Camp in the Kansas city area. Or maybe a Scout Camp. close to a large City. May be this has been bought up.

YIS

drmicrowave72

We kinda, sorta tried this at the 2005 National Jamboree.

I meet a few fellow forum members. Sadly not very many.

While a lot can be said for poor planning, bad communication, I know for my part I seen my role at the Jambo as serving the Scouts I had with me.

The guys /girls that were on staff were busy doing their jobs. So it never really got off the ground.

I have never really looked at where the greatest number of forum members hail from?

But I somehow think even if they were all close I would if I had an extra weekend, spend the time with the Scouts in the Ship rather than attend a reunion.

I'm not sure if I will be at the 2010 Jamboree? At this time I think its un-lightly. However I think this would be the time and place to try and meet other forum members.

If someone wanted to come up with a time and a location.

Eamonn.(This message has been edited by Eamonn)

E, how am I supposed to throw you off the tower if you're not there?!?;)

In all reality, I don't know that I'll be there either.

What Eamonn said is right though. The best time is probably Jamboree and it's tough. I met two or three that I previously knew online.

I think it's more doable than not. But, it is something that should be considered on a geographic basis. For example, scouters in New England might meet at one place while others in the Southeast meet at another, and so on. We could have a gathering at some scout camp or National Forest area and see how it goes and then plan other campouts from there.

I'm for it, but it should definitely be by reservation to determine how many campsites would be needed. Someone could arrange a weekend through their council office, each person brings their own food or contribution of food for the common good. Bring your gear and a dozen pieces of firewood (our area scout camps get picked over pretty well for fuel wood) and enjoy.

Gonzo1

I've noticed that many people do not list a location in their profiles and myself have only listed a region of my beautiful state( I can see Mt. Washington if I lean way out the porch of my apartment). While meeting some would be interesting for sure, there certainly have been some heated discussions! Leavin' the brass knucks at home SR540 Beav?

Jamboree reunions are hard to pull off. I attended a Mic-O-Say gathering in 97 but was unable to get there in 01 and 05 due to work assignments at the Jambo. We tried for a mini-reunion of my Wood Badge patrol in 01. We are scattered all over the country and 4 of us were at the Jamboree in different areas. We didn't manage to get all 4 of us together at one time, but everybody eventually met up with each other.

A reunion of forum members at the Jamboree in 2010 could be scheduled, but not everyone on the forum who is interested would be able to make it due to responsibilities and the physical distance some may have to negotiate on foot.

"Just don't get me riled up Pack, I'll have to dig my brass knuckles back out and take care of you!" Hey Beav, from the Phelps plans protest thread. Insert smily face here please. local.

(This message has been edited by local1400)(This message has been edited by local1400)

Thanks Beav. You'll notice I am the troop clown. Always have been and can't help it. I just love to have fun. My wife says I have missed my true calling. ED-- All I want out of Pittsburgh is to try a sandwich from Primanti Bros. Going there next summer for my Union conference and watch me eat a few!!!!!(This message has been edited by local1400)

Local,

C'mon! Packsaddle is a good guy. I admit, I didn't think so at first, sorry Pack, but he and I have exchanged numerous PM's, email, snail mail. He's really quite a nice guy, maybe a little misunderstood......... like me. I even got a Christmas card from him in the mail.

Some of my post, particularly those in the WB area tend to tick off a bunch of people.

I wouldn't mind coordinating a gathering in the Southeast. There, I said it, I volunteered for something!

Gonzo1