Termination of Camp Ranger - 21 years of service

• 4 weeks later...

carl is a geat guy and it is good to hear that he is doing well, just as an update on camp teetonkah for the rest of the story. Im not sure where budget cut idea came from as we hired a new full time rangerlast augest 8 months after carl was let go. the yearly camp usege has incresed ten fold, improvments have been made. a first class program and trail to eagle workshop was held last summer and a full scale boy scout summer camp is in the works for the 2010 camping season.

"V/O: (1)Make sure your brother saves all his documentation. Wrongful termination is a sue able offense. Does he have his Job Evaluations (assuming). Around here, in the DC area, I know a couple of union labor relation lawyers that would fairly salivate over such a case."

Not in Maryland. I lived there for over 20 years and in Maryland, they can fire you any reason or no reason. All they really have to do is follow their own internal rules, if there are any. At least that's what my lawyer told me. Of course, we know that lawyers are just that . . . lawyers.

I was once terminated while I was on vacation. I came back and found a lay-off notice in my box. My boss said, "I wanted to tell you in person but you were on vacation." You couldn't have waited a few days?