Hi all. My name is Shane. I am the Webelos Den Leader for Pack 452 in Seminole, Ok. My son has been in Cub Scouts for three years and is currently a first year Webelos.

I am also training for ASM (finished Sessions 1, 2, and 3)and will be taking over as SM when my son crosses over to Boy Scouts.

I've been reading a lot of your posts on here and have learned a lot already. I look forward to interacting with you all and learning all I can to make the Scouting experience better for my boys.

Semper Fidelis

Shane

Hi Shane and welcome on in.

Glad to hear that you're already making plans for the future. It's kinda tough to step into Boy Scouting straight from Cubs without knowing what lies ahead. Enjoy you're time with the Webelos, hope you have many special memories ahead.

Welcome Shane. It's a great idea to find out about what is ahead of you as a SM while you're still in Cubs. Wish I had known more before I stepped into the SM role. You will find great information and answers to questions from the very experienced folks on this forum.

welcome aboard Marine,

long road ahead full of smiles, frowns and everything in between...Just keep in mind...

It's hard to fly with the Eagles if you let the Turkeys get you down...

semper fi

Anarchist

Thanks for the welcome.

I know it is going to be tough taking over as SM. The current SM is getting on in years and was looking for someone to replace him. I was kinda skeptical at first but after some thought decided to go ahead and do it. He told me he would help me out any way he could and he also has an ASM (one of his Eagle Scouts that recently turned 18) that is very well liked and respected by the whole Troop, and has taught me a lot already.

It's also good to know that I have experienced Scouters on here to help me along the way.

Semper Fidelis

Shane