Want to wear “Silver” Tabs – contact DE

I just saw in our councils newsletter, under the Ships District, that the District needs Commissioners.

If you were interested or knew of any one that might be interested in wearing the silver tabs to contact the DE.

I didnt think the DE had much to do with Commissioners.

Arent Commissioners handled on the volunteer side of things?

Correctly they should contact the district commissioner, but not knowing the particulars of the situation, there may be a reason. The DE is part of the district key 3, so hopefully they are communicating.

I am not sure of how it is being communicated though. Being a commisioner is more than wanting to wear "silver tabs" or correctly silver shoulder loops

Sometimes it's just easier to contact the DE via the council office. In my district our DC travels a great deal, and is sometimes difficult to get in touch with. The DE can provide a service by acting as the District's secretary and clearing house and this can work in everyone best interrest.

You are correct that Commissioners are not solely the DE's responsibility, but he can certainly be helpful in this area.

In my District, the DE also handles volunteer recruitment for the most part. If an office needs to be filled, he takes our suggestions and tries to find volunteers. He also sets the proper expectations for the candidate for District Office and makes sure that they understand what they are getting into.