Sout Zone Video on youtube now linked at www.savescouting.org

10.9% decline in some areas. Wake up people!

There's that number again!

Brian,

How about telling everyone what program area that 10.9% decline represents. How about telling everyone that all your ideas have nothing to do with the program area that suffered the 10.9% decline. Wake up Brian!

The latest 2006 vs 2005 numbers are up, too! And I would bet it has nothing to do with the video or your ideas, Brian. I would bet if you did some actual research you would find out what the real reason is. Oh and by the way, that mess you posted was for October, not November.

Ed Mori

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems you can not win with some folks here on the board. Some want proof, so I post the October numbers saying it probably won't format well, and someone beats me up cause they can not read it. DUh.

Someone else can not give a clear web link to their source, and call those of us who do not know where to find their so called source basically uncredible.

Evimori... I, like MANY, have squelched your notes so I can not comment.

Explorers are down 10.9% in a single year. Yet all is well in happy valley. Keep on doing scouts the old way... and get different results? Is that what you guys are saying?

Some beat up modern technology. Yet today's Boy's Life mag had a spread on cell phones that were video and MP3 players.

At least Boys Life is touching on new, rad stuff to try to reach the modern boy.

So, do we keep things the same and watch the ship sink further? Or stand behind BSA President Cronk and "make scouting relevant to the boys of today?"

Brian writes, "Someone else can not give a clear web link to their source, and call those of us who do not know where to find their so called source basically uncredible."

Well Brian, not everything is on the internet. I gave you my source. BSA Report 12505. The source is the BSA Archives in Irving. Walk into the National Scouting Museum and pick them up at the literature rack.

Clear now?

Brian,

Where's your comment about your dislike of neckerchiefs?

Also, why are you so hung up on some decline in numbers/

Look at it this way - I run a business, sales go p, sales go down. That's life. If your troop is losing scouts, change something, invite guests, have a cool, rad outdoor program, or have mp3 players, or whatever. Change it at your level, not mine.

Peace out! or whatever cool, rad, hip, phase is for 'see ya, don't want to be ya.'

The video was good.

The neckerchief is non-functional due to a reduction in size or an increase in size of the general population, thus making it a relic but good for traditional value.

End point numbers are of little value without specific regional, state and Council valuations and a host of other statistics that can help to make sense of any of it. Those kinds of numbers are only useful for those at the top with the power to change.

The worried guy that walks on the sideline for Penn State on most Saturdays should have trained another guy to take over because I now fear that he has sustained as much worry that he can possibly take. I rest my case. fb

The worried guy on the sideline is now considered a mascot for Penn State. They gave him a pair of "cleats" years ago for worrying so much. He is very good at it. Just look at the wrinkles on his forehead if you don't believe me. JoPa, I think, is a Coach that resides in that great Press box in the sky and just calls down plays to someone on the sideline and they are magically transmitted to the QB. Penn State hasn't had an actual Headphone Coach for years. JoPa is an ethereal figure that has become a sacred cow tradition. Those outside the state are kind of mystified. How do we find out more? Is there an initiation and/or a secret handshake? fb