Unit Scouter Recognitions

I am inquiring about any special unit based (den, pack, troop, team, crew) awards for Scouters (registered adults) in the unit. (Not awards from outside the actual unit).

I would like to know the name of the award, purpose/requirements of the award, and what it is comprised of (patch, bead, medal, etc)

Our troop only has one, a special patch that recognizes a Scouter in the unit the first time he/she attends summer camp with the troop. It is only awarded once to each Scouter who has attended summercamp. It is worn as a temporary patch on the right shirt pocket. It is just called the Scouter's Summer Camp Patch.

I know of one unit that awards a carved wooden "acorn" to each Scoutmaster upon completion of their tenure as a Scoutmaster in the unit. It is a small (about 3/4" in diameter) carved wooden acorn that has a leather thong about an inch long. It is worn as a dangle from the shirt pocket flap button. The Scoutmaster Acorns are highly prized by former Scoutmasters of the unit.

Any others out there?

Thanks.

When I was active at the troop level, our unit awarded a plaque to the outgoing SPL and SM whenever the position changed. Usually, a piece of "waste wood" local cedar or hardwood, polished smooth and varnished. On this we affix the position patch in question, the unit number below this and a brass plate with the person's name on it and the time period they served.

The tradition dates back roughly 15 years.

We give an award to an adult leader (committee or assistant) at each Court of Honor. The award is called the Outstanding Adult Volunteer award. It is a certificate signed by the Senior Patrol Leader and Scoutmaster.

The voting members of the PLC decide this award. The talk about it in a "closed session" where adults are not really invited. This is during the actual PLC Meeting.

To be eligible for this award you have to do something above and beyond your position dutites and responsiblities. The Scoutmaster, Committee Chairman, and Chartered Organization Represenative are not elgible for the award until they "retire". This past Court of Honor the Scoutmaster and COR both were awarded for the work as both past away a month eariler.