An outsiders opinion

Wow I am impressed! As someone who has nothing to do with the BSA I like to say that i have been reading some forums and i have to say that if i have a son one day he will definatley be put into the BSA! I think it is a shame that more people aren't being taught what this organization teaches and i don't just mean the "skills" either (though i have to admit that it would be nice to learn HOW to canoe before finding yourself in the middle of a lake ...then again it would have been nice had they taught us how to get IN and OUT of the canoe too...). A lot of the things you do teach can be used on a day to day basis (for example the knot tying: it took me three hours to figure out the directions for a volley ball net and another entire day to set it up cause we had to figure out how to tie the ropes. Another example how to start a fire without matches in my terminology that means you use a lighter) Anyways here i am rambling again but i sincerly think that BSA is on the right tack maybe ya'll can rub some of your knowledge of on everyone else.