Some little while back someone posted a list of things that every boy should be able to do.

I think it was OGE?

I can't remember what was on the list, but seem to remember that there was something about knowing what fork to use.

With Her That Must Be Obeyed, not feeling up to snuff, I'm learning a lot of things that I either didn't know or choose not to know.

Some of my new pearls of wisdom are:

A full dishwasher needs to be emptied or run ASAP, it not the dishes pile up in the sink and the dishwasher is half full before you start.

That new gizmo's that cleans showers doesn't work very well.

There is no such thing as leftovers when you have a teenager, they are just delayed courses.

More detergent doesn't get things cleaner.

Cleaning the house in a mad rush before the cleaning lady comes is a waste of time!

The quality of picture on a TV is greatly improved if it isn't covered in dust.

Dog hairs are a pain. I'm glad we don't have cats!

Teenagers look at lamb chops as appetizers.

Duvets are great!!

Dog feeding bowls do need to be washed.

Running the vacuum cleaner everyday is easier than doing it once a week.

Fabreeze (Smelly Stuff) works.

Running the vacuum everyday, wearing a Walkman and singing lands you in hot water.

Now I'm doing the vacuuming you will take your shoes off.

Junk mail is a pain.

Paying bills when they arrive seems less painful than waiting.

We used less electricity in July this year than we did last year. I know because I read the bill!!

A 85-pound dog running to the dog keeps uninvited guests visits very short.It helps keep the pile of unwanted papers down as well.

A 85-pound muddy dog makes a real mess.

I'm glad that I don't like pop-tarts.

Eamonn.

A pearl learned from my mother - you only have to clean the top of the refrigerator when you invite your tall friends over.

Some things I've learned from my sons:

A teenaged boy's definition of clean is very different from his mother's.

A teenaged boy cannot understand the purpose of a clean room or a made bed. He teaches his mother to simply close the bedroom door - out of sight out of mind.

If you buy a new gas powered yard device, your teenaged boy will be excited about using it - but only once.

A teenaged boy can remember his friends phone numbers, complex moves to electronic games, and what time his favorite show comes on television, but he cannot remember to pick up his socks or where he left his shoes.

A teenaged boy will use the same cruddy towel for a whole week at camp, but at home will get a new clean towel everyday for a shower.

A teenaged boy's laundry pile is greatly reduced in proportion to the amount of times he has to wash, dry and fold it himself.

A teenaged boy can simultaneously watch television, talk on the phone, and play a hand-held video game, and know what is happening with all three. But, he cannot remember what his mother asked him to do five minutes ago.

A teenaged boy puts off practicing for band, but will run out the door with his trumpet when the pretty girl next door comes over and asks if he wants to practice with her.

A teenaged boy will take great pride in coming to the rescue when his mother screems at the sight of a bug in the house (in our case, gigantic cockroaches called Palmetto bugs here in the South).

A teenaged boy will accept praise and compliments from his mother, but will puff out his chest and stand taller when that praise comes from his father.

Gotta love those teenaged boys!

Once we acknowledge an individual's priorities, we may accept those we can stomach and rearrange those we cant by knowing, understanding, and effectively using their menu of reinforcers to assist in altering the alignment. It is best done incrementally with those considered lower on the list due to the strength of past reinforcers of those higher on the list. Alterations are not necessarily permanent due to the independent nature of the subject. FB(This message has been edited by Fuzzy Bear)