List of All Eagle's - Wikipidea

I noticed on wikipedia's list of eagle scouts they only select "notable" eagle scouts (politicians mainly it seems) I was wanting to start an article for ALL eagle scouts, IMO anything where less than 5% of a group attains a certain rank, to me is notable.

I dont know if any of you have ever dealt with wikipeida, but its very hard to get an article to stay around (without getting deleted). If the page was created, I think you have 5 days for it to be reviewed before it gets deleted, but I think with help (from lots of you) we could get them to include it?

here is the link to the current page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Eagle_Scouts

Any thoughts? I think if we had the "list" predefined at the time we post the article it might give it "staying power"

If there is interest i will start the page and post the link...

How large would this list end up being on Wikipedia? Wikipedia prefers to have articles of no longer than 32KB which is between 6,000 and 10,000 words, though they aren't very clear on whether this applies to lists.

How will we make sure every Eagle is listed in the list?

What about verifiability too? Wikipedia is a platform that allows any user to edit an entry - how will entries in this list be verifid? Who will do so?

While it sounds like a good idea, the practicalities of such a listing seems a rather large hurdle to cross.

Lists of notable, distinguished, famous and infamous Eagles on Wikipedia can be seen as serving a legitimate research purpose for people looking for specific information about someone or subject. A list of all Eagles is just a list for vanity sake. How about a list of number of Eagles awarded per year - a more research legitimate listing.

Just my two cents

Calico

never mind, talked to one of their admins who said it isnt going to happen, apparantly there have been lots of previous attempts and they all get deleted.

either an eagle becomes a politician, or somewhat "famous/infamous" or it doesnt get on there..I tried to add my dad, who served as an officer in Vietnam, earned the bronze star and it got the axe, but I see similar people with miltary service who are on there, I think the thing is moderated my major internet geeks :D

on the "notable" list of eagles, apparantly you are given 2 days to prove the person is "notable" and you have to present to them a # (or something)

anyways, if you know of a notable eagle at least try and add them, to me the list they have is somewhat small.

& yes this was a little vain... :)

But they seem to have every minor league baseball player on there and thats acceptable???

(This message has been edited by madmike)(This message has been edited by madmike)

I checked out the list of notable Eagles and was surprised by a couple of folks on the list - not that they were notable, but that they are Eagle Scouts.

Danny Pintauro, the child actor that played Jonathon on Who's The Boss, is listed as having earned his Eagle - When did he find the time??

Mike Judge - co-creator of Beavis and Butthead.

Calico