Scoutings Website ???

I cant help but wonder, why the main website for the BOY Scouts of America usualluy tends to have a picture of a girl on its intro site?

see for yourself at...www.scouting.org

Currently there is a pic of a female sea scout, last week they have a picture of a female Venture Scout???

Maybe part of whats wrong with scouting is they have forgotten who the target group is? Boys????????

There is no such thing as "venture scouts" in the BSA. The young lady seen last week is a venturer.

The Boy Scouts of America is not SOLELY for boys. We have many female ventuers and many female scouters. Should we ignore them?

(and frankly, I think there would be a lot of boy who might WANT to join if they knew there were girls in Venturing and Sea Scouts...)

Since the website is scouting.org and not specifically BOYscouting.org I see showing pics of female Scouts as embracing the diversity that makes BSA a worthwhile organization. Since BSA is the parent organization for Sea Scouts and Venturers, why not show them on the website? Clicking on the Boy Scout tab on the left brings pictures of boys, as does clicking on the Cub Scout tab (all be it smaller boys). Clicking on the Venturer tab brings pictures of both boys and girls. There have been plenty of pics on the website homepage of boys (people here - myself included - enjoy picking the uniforms apart :)). So they have had a couple of weeks of diversity - no harm. And maybe it will get a teen boy to check the site...that can never be a bad thing.

YiS

Michelle

Over the last year or so the home page of Scouting.org has had a picture of a Scout in one part of the program or another. We've seen a Tiger Cub, a Webelos Scout, an Eagle Scout, etc. Now it's time to picture a Sea Scout, a girl at that. The picture will change in a week or two.