When is your Scouting for Food Drive?

I was just looking at our council's calendar (they finally got the on-line version updated) and noticed that they have changed the date for Scouting for Food from November to February.....I was wondering if this was a National, Regional or merely Council thing.

YiS

Michelle

Goodness I hope that isn't the belief for changing it OGE. As cold as early November can be at least we are not buried in snow and wind chills. The ground is still (usually) bare and you can let the boys walk between houses....gonna be a whole lot harder to convince them (and their parents) that they want to get out of the car at all, let alone walk anywhere in knee deep snow (waist on a small Tiger) and 25 degree temps.

Mmmm, maybe someone from away picked the date for us...lol

My father is from The Forks, near Caratunk. When he was a boy his mother, nine months pregnant at the time, went a visiting a relation that lived in Dover, New Hampshire. While she was there she started to have her contractions. Try as they might, Uncle Rodney was born in New Hampshire, a quarter mile from the Maine border. Through his entire life he was never able to hide the shame that he was from away

Pine Tree Council (southwestern Maine) does theirs in November. I'd love to see them move it to February. Why?

Because that is when the food pantries hurt the most. Everyone thinks of them during the holidays, but everyone immediately forgets them after the first of the new year. Feb to March tends to be the toughest times for the food pantries.

Remember, it's not about the weather, its about helping those in need and their needs don't end when the holidays do.

Pine Tree Council (southwestern Maine) does theirs in November. I'd love to see them move it to February. Why?

Because that is when the food pantries hurt the most. Everyone thinks of them during the holidays, but everyone immediately forgets them after the first of the new year. Feb to March tends to be the toughest times for the food pantries.

Remember, it's not about the weather, its about helping those in need and their needs don't end when the holidays do.

Shenandoah Area Council has it scheduled for the 2nd and 3rd Saturdays in November.

I like Moxieman's reasoning for moving it to February, although we could probably do it several times a year in our area and they'd still need more help.

John