new user having trouble getting registered w this forum

I have tried to refer a new cub scout parent to this forum, and he is having trouble getting his profile set up. I hope that someone out there can give him some idea what he is doing wrong.

my last message from Jeff was:

yes - i can read the forum just fine. heres my steps.

i enter my email and zip code (either on the right side ofthe screen or on the register link above the threads) the link is http://www.scouter.com/members/default.asp?action=...

i get a confirmation screen saying to check my email for a sort of code to enter in order to register.

i then go to my email (also checking trash and junk email folders) but never receive any sort of code or email fromthe site.

i have tried emails from hotmail, yahoo, as well as 3 personal domains i administer (thinking there may be an issue with sites not allowing those free accounts)

• 2 weeks later...

I heard back from Jeff yesterday, and he has still not been able to register with this forum.

He and I have both sent messages to this forums "contact us" address.

Why isn't someone even trying to help this guy???

"Helpfull", "Friendly"......??

:(

CE

After trying for months, literally every day to register, today after the 3rd try, I finally got an ID number sent to me.

I tried many time to register on that floating screen that pops up and many times on the bar to the right. Today, the floating screen was tried again and bam, finally after many months it worked. I was beginning to think it was me. I tried 5 different emails over this period. Have your buddy try today, maybe they fixed a bug.

Joe