Adult Leader/Eagle Scout registration

There is a little misunderstanding here. He is not a "former Eagle Scout" he is still and always has been an Eagle Scout since the date of his Board of Review. The council won't try to collect back dues, just current one for his newly active status. On the other hand his "back dues" of service to Scouting are still due. He'll be gald to know that your troop will accept his volunteer hours and will be happy to see his obedience to the Scout Law as an adult. T L H F C K O C T B C L --- those should have meaning to him.

In my Troop when I encountered the parent of an new scout who told me he was an Eagle, I didn't ask him if he'd volunteer, I just told him we'd get him an assignment. It usually worked. They were happy to rejoin the campfire.

Berk Moss, Assistant District Commissioner, Pioneer District, Cascade Pacific Council

Newberg OR

One of the best benefits of being an Eagle Scout was that I got to be dismissed first from the dining hall on one of the 6 days of summer camp. I'm sure there are other benefits...but getting anything free from the BSA is not one of them.

Perhaps he is a Life Member of NESA and is just confused about what that means (you get a magazine 4 times a year, most of which is a list of new Life Members).(This message has been edited by scoutldr)

Thank You for your response. The gentleman has 2 sons in our Pack and Troop for 8 years now. He helps at times. I never been closely involved with chatering. He now has decided to accept a nomination and I find out he needs to register.He insisst not. I found out last night. Posted here for info so I had a better formed question for the Scout Office.

He is not a bad guy. He enjoys being difficult though.

It's not a bad thing at times to remind everyone that they only serve for one year at a time.

Our Council also has term limits set for some positions.

At times when people tell me that they used to be a Scout. I inform them that they still are a Scout, the Oath that they took didn't come with an expiration date.

They do however need to do the paperwork and fork over the cash to be a member of the BSA

Eamonn.

EVERY PERSON THAT REGISTERES WITH BSA MUST HAVE REGISTRATION PAID ON THEM. We, as a troop pay the fee for our CR. We also have one Scout that we cover. But unless that fee is paid on him he is NOT registered. I mean gee whiz it is $11.00

>He is not a bad guy. He enjoys being difficult though. >

Not to hijack the thread, but doesn't this get tiring? We have one of those in our troop.

Anyway, I think the question was answered - yes, registration is an annual "thing" and I think it actually says that on the application if you want the reference. If it doesn't, and I realize the following URL is not a National source, but it is recognized as a reliable source ...

(http://www.scouting.org/factsheets/02-501.html)

look under the paragraph beginning "Financial xxxx".

Vicki