Please take a moment and spare a thought for a gentleman who passed away unexpectedly July 28th, in the company of his family.

80 yrs old, retired with 37 yrs military service as a Command Sargent Major. European Theatre WW2, 2 Bronze Stars, CIB, and Good Conduct Medal.

4 sons and 3 grandsons who earned Eagle. Member of the Tribe of Mic-O-Say.. Sagamore Great White Buffalo Guard. Over 30 years service to scouting. SM for 4 years, committee for who knows how many. Worked on District level and one of the most requested Eagle Board Chairman in his council and others. Silver Beaver recipient.

This man was my Dad, James N. Sisco, and his shoes will be hard to fill and the world is a little duller without him.

yis

Red Feather

Lost my Dad unexpectedly in 2001, he was also heavily involved in our Scouting. He only had his two sons make Eagle, but we are both working on the grandsons.

What a wonderful legacy he leaves for you and your family, and to your the Scouting community.

Thoughts and prayers are coming your way.

Nothing can ever take away

A love the heart holds dear

Fond memories linger everyday

Rememberance keeps them near

Red Feather,

The world is a better place because of your father.

My sympathy and thoughts are with you and yours.

Peace,

Campcrafter

Softly falls the light of day, as our campfire fades away.

Silently, each Scout must ask, 'Have I done my daily task?'

'Have I kept my honor bright?'

'Can I guiltless slepp tonight?'

'Have I done and have I dared, everything to be prepared?'

I salute a fellow Scouter, gone home.

No one will ever fill his shoes but you can step next to them and continue the journey.

I lost my dad several years ago he was involved in everything I did. THen 10 years later lost mother. She was involved in Girl Scouts. In fact graduated her last troop from high school just after she turned 70. I know I can never fill their shoes but hopefully I will do them proud by staying on the same road.

I lost my dad and best friend in 1995. The best gifts he left me I only realized after he was gone. He taught me how to be a good father, husband, Scout leader, employee, patriot, and citizen. He taught me to fend for myself and pay my own way. He taught me how to change my own oil and sparkplugs. Never ask others to do for you what you can do for yourself. Face your fears and don't procrastinate. When you make a mistake, fix it and move on. When it's time to go, go with dignity and courage.

Sounds like our Dads were cut from the same cloth. We are so fortunate. God Bless.

red feather,

God bless you and your family in your loss. I lost my dad 5 years ago at the age of 78. He was one of the finest men you could ever know. The pain and sting of his loss is gone, but not a day goes by that I don't miss him and desire just one more hour with him. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. I'm sure he is warming himself at the campfire of the Great Master of all Scouts.

red feather

You and yours have my deepest sympathy and I'll have a word with the Big Fellow for you and yours.

I really like the idea that when we pass on, we get to spent eternity doing the things that we enjoyed most when we were on earth, we get to do this away from all the pain and any torments that we faced while working our ticket down here.

I have to admit to being a little jealous of those who had Dads who spent time with them.

My Dad was always either very busy or very tired, he worked very hard and didn't have much time for us kids.

We never ever went without anything, he paid for just about anything and everything we ever needed.

I really never got to know him until I was in my 20's. I got involved in an Irish club and the two of us would sneak out for a pint or two.

He was a very proud Irishman.

So proud that he named me after the first president of the Irish Republic.

I was with him when he died in London, I cried nearly all the way home on the plane.

Every now and then I catch myself doing something the way he would have done it. Even as I sit here I have both dogs by mt feet. I can still see him sitting in his easy chair with dogs at his feet.

I was deeply upset with him for going and leaving me, but in time I started to see that while it's good to mourn, it's also OK to thank God for having allowed us to share in the life of people who are special to us.

Eamonn.

Well said, Red Feather. Your children likely will view you similarly. I think every father wants (or should) their sons and daughters to do as well or better than he has in his life. Your father obviously succeeded as you likely will as well. Warm thoughts to you.