So what are you reading?

I'm thinking that I might buy both the Tim Russert books:

Wisdom of Our Fathers and Big Russ and Me.

He seems to come off as being a nice chap.

I think a pal of mine has bought me:

Marley & Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog. I can't think why??

When no one is looking I will read Hoot, I missed the movie,, but will add it to the ever growing DVD collection.

If there is time I might re-read Brendan Behan's Borstal Boy.

Eamonn

PS: SWScouter

You have to read: Bleachers . It's one of Grisham's best non-law type books, I enjoyed Skipping Christmas it's funny but you can read it in about an hour.The Painted House, is good maybe I enjoyed it more because I grew up far away from Arkansas farming and it was all new to me?

Eamonn,

I actually have read most of Grisham's novels. I have yet to read "Bleachers" and "King of Torts", but I believe I've read the rest of his. "Painted House" was good.

I need to get to bed so I can wake up for camp in the morning...

SWScouter

Just finished Into Thin Air. Excellent. Spiked my interest in climbing again. I've set an informal goal to climb Denali in two years.

I've also read his "Under the Banner of Heaven". Same style, lots of research and background work. I think I'll pick up his "Into the Wild" and take that to summer camp.

I mostly read mystery/suspense novels, but I also enjoy "fun" stories. I always look for new (to me) authors who have written several books. That way if I like the first one, I have several more to choose from that I know I will like. Not having cable or sattelite T.V. encourages my family to read a lot - we're at the library at least once a week. I usually read 3-4 fiction books a week.

A few authors (of strikingly different style) that I enjoy are:

David Baldacci (similar to John Grisham)

Lilian Jackson-Braun (The Cat Who... series - for cat lovers who enjoy eccentric characters and the spoof of Northern small town life.)

Jan Karon (another "small town" series, this one about an Episcopal priest and many eccentric characters. Scriptural references flow easily through these novels, but I know non-Christians who have also enjoyed them.)

Happy reading everyone!