I've been a registered Scouter for almost 20 years, and I've worked on all levels from Tiger Cubs to Venturing, district training teams, summer camp staff, etc., but the last 2 or 3 years I haven't been very active. My oldest son is out of Scouts, and my younger, almost 16, is only mildly interested. How do I rekindle the drive and excitement I used to have? What suggestions do y'all have? Who's dealt with it before? I volunteered as Roundtable commissioner last year, but I was unable to attend for several months and that's fallen by the wayside. I think maybe because I wasn't actively involved with youth and got bored.

In all your time, kd, what was your favorite scouting volunteer job? Da one that you remember most fondly as "magic." Go back and do that one. Just that one.

Or, it could be that one of the things that's "magic" for you is learning/doing new things, since you've served at so many levels. If you've exhausted the list of scouting things, consider becomin' a LNT master, an ARC instructor, or some other outside thing that can bring back to kids in Scouting.

Or perhaps it's time to leave scoutin', and take your skills to your local school system in some way (tutor? mentor? outdoor program?).