tentsonsale.com status

I dont know about tentsonsale.com but if you are looking for a good deal on quality tents, sleeping bags, ect try http://www.alpsmountaineering.com/Scouts.htm sign up for their scoutdirect program. They have a huge discounts directly to scout leaders and troops. I have bought tents, bags and several other items from them and it is great quality stuff, comparable to REI at very reasonable prices.

Yes, Alps Mountaineering offers a 45% discount to Scouts all the time on their tents and sleeping bags as well as some other camping items and packs.

Like 'Loping Okie' stated, sign up for their scout direct program and in addition to getting the standard 45% off, they'll send occasional e-mails with discontinued or over-stocked items. Last year I ordered new sleeping bags for 12 boys in our Troop because the parents could not pass up the offer. They were 0 degree mummy bags that normally sold for $100.00 each, on sale to reduce inventory for I think $35.00. The only catch was you had to order 4 at a time so they could just ship the whole box of four.

You can also sign up for their "pro purchase" plan. This allows leaders to purchase some of their gear, evaluate and "show it around", at a 60% discount. Limited to one leader per Troop and to 1 pack, 1 tent, and 1 sleeping bag. The 45% discount applies after using up your "pro purchase" limit.

ASM59