In August, our District RT has an "ice cream social" night. We don't conduct business, we get together and have an evening of fellowship.

November, we do a Scouters Chili Cookoff. It's a fun thing, but two years running my crockpot has gone home empty.

We do have a "crackerbarrel corner." A couple of our staffers sell mini-tacos, hot dogs, pizza slices. We have some folks who come straight from work to RT, and it helps them keep going into the night. We sell at cost. The money has been in place for a while that this takes care of itself.

Finally, we brew coffee and cocoa in the cold months, and lemonade in the warm.

HTH.(This message has been edited by John-in-KC)

We have a steak dinner funded by oworker1 for all the participants at our RT... oworker1 PM me for the address to send the check ;-)

Seriously, we don't have refreshments at RT but there is a drinking fountain in the church.

Is it worth the waiting for?

If we live 'til eighty four

All we ever get is gru...el!

Ev'ry day we say our prayer --

Will they change the bill of fare?

Still we get the same old gru...el!

There is not a crust, not a crumb can we find,

Can we beg, can we borrow, or cadge,

But there's nothing to stop us from getting a thrill

When we all close our eyes and imag...ine

Food, glorious food!

Hot sausage and mustard!

While we're in the mood --

Cold jelly and custard!

Pease pudding and saveloys!

What next is the question?

Rich gentlemen have it, boys --

In-di-gestion!

Food, glorious food!

We're anxious to try it.

Three banquets a day --

Our favourite diet!

OK you have three guesses what the O in OJ stands for?

We used to have coffee and cheap cookies.

But the Cub Scout R/T Commissioner died.

We really didn't want to go to his widow and ask for the return of the coffee pot.

Then the District Commissioner (The one we removed) got the idea that R/T's ought to be more fun.

We always had a Corn Roast in August. The District provided corn on the cob and hot dogs. We charged $2.00 to cover the cost and people were invited to bring a covered dish.

We also used to have a covered dish supper in May. This was the last meeting till August.

This new guy started an Ice cream social in October. A "Sweet So Sweet" dessert contest in December, a anything goes adult pine-wood derby in January.

This sounds like fun, but attendance went down.

Along the way we lost sight of the reason why we hold r/t meetings.

The new District Commissioner, who was a Cub Scouter has found a R/T Commissioner who is bringing back some reason to attend.

Sadly there isn't a Boy Scout R/T Commissioner, so SM's are volunteering to take a month.

We only have one active Crew and the new Ship in the District so we don't have a R/T for Venturing.

The SPL meeting has started to fall apart, mainly because the adults are not allowing the SPL's to organize and run events, the Scouts see it as a waste of time.

I was happy with the cheap cookies.

Eamonn.

Eamonn, I always thought of Fagin as almost B-P like, he did have the patrol method down pat, he inspired loyalty and certainly worked the buddy system, then again his track record on trustworthy and instilling citizenship could use work, I guess upon reviewing the situation I think I'd better think it out again!