New Year's Resolutions 2006

Season's Greeting's to All,

Now that we have settled the religious debate ;^)

I want to turn our attention to the upcoming year and what we resolve to make it better for Scouting.

I for one will work to make sure my Webelos have and excellent AOL ceremony and encourage them to crossover to a troop.

I will strive to live by the Scout Law on a daily basis.

I will NOT enter into religious discussions on this forum, it serves no one.

I will work to become "... physically fit"

Blue Skies!

ron

I will, after more than 6 years, finish my BSA leaders training.

I will also do all that is possible to but out, and help my fellow leaders but out and let the boys run the show.

That physically fit one sounds good, maybe I'll work on that too ;-)

Ah yes, it's that time of year again.

I really, need to work on that physically fit stuff too. Put on a few pounds this year. I need to take 20 or so off.

I really need to have the doc look at my knees too. Hiking has become awfully painful as of late. I've tried self-diagnosis to this point with no luck.

I'm going to finish my woodbadge ticket, the clock is ticking and my 18 months are running out. I've finished most of the work, just need to do the paperwork.

I am going to delegate and share the workload with my ASMs more. A year ago I didn't have a dependable corps of leaders and had to do much of the (adult) work myself. I've successfully moved a great deal of the load off to the boys, now I need to share more with the other adults. I recruited three more ASMs this year, and it's time to share the load. We're starting it off with our first ever SM Roundtable meeting this Friday evening.

During SM conferences, I always ask my scouts. "Which point of the Scout Law gives you the most trouble?" The answers are very interesting and always insightful. We take the opportunity to discuss setting personal goals and self improvement as a continual life process.

I'm going to take my own advice. For 2006 I'm going to focus on the point of the Scout Law that I have the most trouble with.

This self-improvement business can be tough ...

1. Work on the physically fit thing...I renewed my BSA Lifeguard last summer and it darned near killed me. I should ideally lose 100 lbs, but will do what I can before I develop diabetes.

2. Return to my church. After my parents died in 1995, I drifted away....too many childhood memories in that building.

3. Try to be more tolerant of my 74 year old mother in law who just moved in with us. It's like having a teenager in the house again who doesn;t worry about washing dishes, putting trash in it's place or having to pay the electric bill, and who sleeps all day and then wonders "what's for supper".

I'm not good at Resolutions.

I don't keep them and then beat myself up for not keeping them.

But let's see.

1/ I'll make sure I make more time for Her That Must Be Obeyed.

2/ No matter what happens I will not be talked into serving on the District Committee.

3/ I will do everything I can to try and attend Sea Badge Training and get Derak ready for SEAL.

4/ I'll try and remember KISMIF works at home, at work, at play as well as in Scouting.

5/ I'll go out of my way to be a better friend -But I still will not be talked into serving on the District Committee.

6/ I'll do my best to remember that I'm not as young as I used to be - No forget that one!!

Eamonn.

I vow not to make any resolutions but will set new priorities in my life.

1. Loose 10 vanity pounds (I don't want to buy a new wardrobe).

2. Take Woodbadge with an open mind.

3. Do a better job as ADC.

4. Be nice and treat everyone with respect

Happy New Year!

1. I will do my best to eat healthier & to exercise more so I can lose weight. I want to be able to walk in the Memorial Day Parade without panting!

2. To remember to make some of the crafts myself before I have my Tigers do them at a meeting! I had a snowglobe disaster! I used the wrong glue, it dripped into the water, too much glitter & it leaked! I was able to fix the problems though!

3. To finish organizing my scouting paperwork, magazines, etc.

I'm sure that there's more I could do but I can't think of anything else at this moment!

Judy

How about this:

On my Honor, I will do my best,

to do my Duty to God and my Country;

to obey the Scout Law;

to help other people at all times;

to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.

Works as a New Years Resolution for me...