Special Congrats to one of our own

Manyirons has joined my "ranks".

Today this great American retired from the Air Force after 23 years of service.

Congrats Manyirons you did good.

Sir, I salute you twice....Scout salute, and a Military hand salute from a retired Master Sergeant.

Enjoy the nice unstressful Christmas season.

From your bud Cary P

Hey great ManyIrons! Today our school got quite the show courtesy of the United States Air Force. The US Air Force Presidential Drill Team (talk about a long name;)) showed off their skills during our lunch periods today. They were spectactular.

Somebody today at basketball asked the coach if he thought we could get a new floor paid by the Air Force because there were some marks from their rifles and their boots.

But they were still great!

Congrats man. 23 years is a lot. It really goes to show how great our country is, the fact that someone would devote almost their entire lifetime to something so great. I thank you, for being there, protecting everything that i stand and being to ensure that i live a happy life. Its people like you that really make America, what it is.

Thank you for your service to our Nation. May the young men and women you trained and served alongside remember the lessons you imparted them. May the Warrior Ethic of selfless service to the Nation reside in them until they hand over the sword to another generation.

Folks,

I am chagrined. I've been having trouble (like many) accessing the forum for several days now, and I only just stumbled onto this thread while taking the long way in.

I appreciate all your kind words and well wishes. It was a quick 23, but it was enjoyable. The Air Force afforded me the opportunity to do things I might not have been able to do otherwise (the neatest of which was my tour at Cape Canaveral AFS supporting rocket launches -- best fireworks in the world!!).

Thanks go to purcelce not only for his kind words, but for ensuring our pastor made it to the ceremony. We had a bit of an nasty snowstorm that morning which only compounded the hassle of getting through security at the gates. Thanks brother!!

This holiday season keep the men and women of our armed forces in your thoughts and prayers. Not just those folks who are in harms' way (give them extra prayers), but everyone who serves throughout the world. And while you're at it, devote some thoughts to their spouses and families. They too serve and sacrifice.

Peace and glad tidings to you all this holiday season. God bless.