Is anybody else having the same problem I am with this website? Every time I go into a section, and then try to go back out, my computer locks up and I have to exit totally. Is this why we have gone from 1,000 to 200 users lately?

I think Terry (or his programmers) are trying to improve service - I've notice a few tweaks in the software recently. I now get a 'patience is a virtue' refresh message, asking me to wait for X seconds as the request is processed. Also, the number of times a thread has been read seems to be always set at zero now. I'll bet that counter was taking up CPU time and was determined to be unbecessary.

I have been experiencing similar events as jr56. Sometimes, when I try to open a thread, nothing happens. I wait and then try again. Some days and/or the time of day seems to also make a difference.

I figured that some of this is due to my old fashioned dial up connection.

I also thought that probably scouter.com is experiencing growing pains.

I really enjoy this site, I especially enjoy the forums. So, if the delays are part of the process, I am thankful that scouter.com is finding ways to grow and handle the load.

I'm having problems too! I thought it was because I haven't been here in a while! I was getting a syntax error message when I clicked on a topic on the right side. Then I decided to click on "More Discussion Topics" & I was able to see the forum! I have no clue why that is! Good Luck!

Judy

Terry said to share with you guys that his team should be adding another server to share the workland that has arised within the next week or so. Please be patient while they work to update it. While doing this, I would think that you should expect there to possibly be times when the site may not work properly.