Where did everyone go???????????????

I have been using this woderful site for a few months. When ever I logged on there was a caption in the to right corner showing how many active users are logged on. It always showed at least 700+ members or more. Yesterday I had some issues with my computer, and had to delete this site from my favorites, and re-submite it. The last few time I've come to this site there has never been more that 50 people logged on. Right now it shows only 17 active members. So I say again, Where did everyone go?????

I've kinda wondered the same thing.

Maybe they're on the soccer site, or maybe the PTA site, or the 4-H site, or .... Or possibly, all the issues in Scouting have been resolved and I just missed that post. I'll bet they'll be back soon though.

I'd like to report that I was gone to a professional conference for a week but that would be less than honest. Actually, while I was worshiping at the local chapel (Our Lady of the Multiple Rapture), I was taken by a mini-rapture for a few days until the mistake was discovered. For punishment I was sent back to you guys for the rest of my life.:) Have a nice day.

I still see most of the usual suspects posting. This is the time of year when there are a lot of Scout activities going on. I just returned from a weekend outing myself. As I'm typing this, the active user count is 215. Last Friday it was around 600.

And, I think over the past few months we've hashed out a lot of interesting topics. Could be some people are just taking a break, and not commenting quite as much as usual.

I could not get on this site Saturday, I keep getting a screen that said

Your request is being processed...

Estimated Delay : 2 Sec

sat on that screen for 10 minutes a couple of times and gave up.

I didnt read the link that was posted above, but I believe it talks about the number that is listed up there as the number of active users. That number is not actually real people. Instead, some of the numbers actually comes from computers crawling thru the cyberspace. Like google, Yahoo, etc as well as possibly some looking to collect email addresses. Dont worry, though, email addresses should be safe unless you've posted it in a discussion.