Hello from New Jersey. I've been reading the forum for a while now and finally decided to join in. I enjoy the subjects and good exchange of ideas (or debates) everyone has going here. I'm a long time Scoutmaster who has moved on to the world of Venturing. I also serve on my District Committee working on the training team. Glad to be here.

Jersey Fox

Welcome, Jersey Fox!!

What part of NJ? I spent three years on the western edge of Hunterdon County - west of Clinton. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful -- if it weren't for work, I'd be there still!!

jd

I miss Jersey - but I don't miss my wife working for Merck!! Yikes!!

Welcome to the Forum!! From sunny (and still hot) Utah..

Spent some time back in Pa/Jersey back in the 80's and made a couple of trips into Jersey with the scout troop from the Naval Station in Philiadelphia. Great place with fond memories.

James

I'm in Burlington County and live at McGuire AFB. I've only been in New Jersey a couple of years, but do enjoy the Pine Barrens and the easy access to PA, NY and so on. Before moving here I lived in England near Cambridge and spent 8 years scouting around in the Transatlantic Council. After being overseas for so long, it's great just to be back in the states.

Jersey Fox

Welcome Jersey Fox from a fellow NJ person! (I am from the other half of the state. The "Cub" in my name is no longer accurate since now I am a troop committee member, but I am still from New Jersey.) I was at McGuire a couple of months ago for the air show there. (Boy was it HOT that day, my son and I spent much of the day watching the action from the shade under a wing of the B-52 they have on display -- and by sheer coincidence, we met another Scout and his father from our own troop, almost 2 hours away.) And congratulations on this new "mega base" thing! (Although I am not sure if that's the right thing to say to someone who is already living there, it means you will have several hundred more neighbors so that might be a mixed blessing.)