How to edit or format a post

• Administrators

There has been recent discussion on the SCOUTER Forums about how to edit or format posts. Here's an answer to both questions:

You can apply formatting to the content of your post (like making words bold, or changing the color of a sentence). Please refer to the F.A.Q.'s for more information on how to format the content of a post.

You may also edit the content of a post that you make, as long as you do so within one hour of posting it. Click the "edit" link that will appear above your post for one hour.

We're preparing for another significant upgrade to the SCOUTER.com site that we'll be releasing over the next 60 days. Thanks for your continued suggestions on how we can improve this portal.

Thanks... and GOOD SCOUTING TO YOU!

TERRY HOWERTON

Site Publisher

(This message has been edited by a staff member.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Sorry, I have corrected my instructions on how to edit a post. The instructions on how to do this are CORRECT as listed above (for one hour after you post, there will be a edit icon that will appear above your post).

-- TERRY HOWERTON

• 2 weeks later...

Terry,

I am still unable to edit my posts within the first hour. I click on the edit icon and I am sent to an edit screen. Once I make my corrections and select the edit message line I recieve a screen telling me I am not authorized to edit this screen.

Bob

We are aware of a bug some users are having which prohibits them from editing previously posted content. When the problem has been fixed, we will let you know.

Out of curiosity, have those of you having problems disabled cookies on your system?

• 1 month later...