Not sure if there are any, but I'm going to take a little diversion here. Recently this has come up with a couple of our ASMs and Committee members. We'll be talking about something we're going to do, and they'll start thumbing through the advancement book looking for a MB to apply something to. I ask them (and am now asking you), "Why does everything have to tie to a MB? Can't we just do something because it's right, good, fun or simpy needed?".

Anyway, just venting a little. Good luck with your sign.

Hey Eagle

"We'll be talking about something we're going to do, and they'll start thumbing through the advancement book looking for a MB to apply something to. I ask them (and am now asking you), "Why does everything have to tie to a MB? Can't we just do something because it's right, good, fun or simpy needed?".

I'm not trying to grind out the MB's just trying to get some info to show the boys that sometimes there are benifits to simply doing a job and gaining experience and how if they look they have many times completed requriments without actually realizing it. Make sense?

And of course each boy would meet any or all of Sepmer's listed requirements individually....

I agree that sometimes things just need to be done for the experience. At other times simply because we do community service , not to check off another 2 hrs. of service.

One must try to find joy in the jouney for we don't always reach the planned destination.

-me

Bob

Richmond - I do the same thing sometimes, remind the guys that half the stuff they do at school or other activities would count toward a MB. I've encouraged them to talk to their teacher/counselor/coach to get them to be a MB Counselor and finish the task. Most of the time, it wouldn't take much (if any) additional work.

I teach art and in my classroom are the requirements for art, pottery, sculpture and basketry MB's. Yes I do remind students that (Girl scouts too) I can sign off MB requirements and am a MB counselor. And yes some of my projects are processes in the book, hmmmm just worked out that way.

The boys are labeling their clubhouse. This should be a fun event, like creating patrol name, patrol flag, patrol yell, only on the troop level. Don't take the fun out of it. Remember they are boys.