Hi, all.

My name is Jon. I'm 20 years old. I've been an EMT for 4 years, and am most of the way through paramedic school. I'm also an amateur radio operator.

I've been involved with scouts since 2nd grade (I think... I started as a Wolf Cub Scout). I had the experience of being labeled as a "trouble" scout because of my reactions to teasing. As a 16/17 year old, I was in 3 troops within one year. I eventually lost intrest, and, although I achived Life just after my 15th birthday, I never finished the requirements for my Eagle badge. I moved on, and stayed active in scouts until my 18th birthday as a Fire Explorer at my Volunteer Fire Company.

I've been active in the past with a camp-based Amateur radio station and club, and have served on both science camp staff and also as a council camp CIT.

About 6 years ago, I was recruited by one of the district leaders of another local district (My brother is now in a troop in that district) to serve on the fall camporee staff and run the jamboree on the air station (JOTA). Either my father or I have helped at all of the fall camporee's he has been affaliated with... both council and district since.

More recently, I've been drafted as the / one of the designated "medical guy(s)" for the last 3 years. I enjoy it.

I'm now registered as a district committe member in the district that has welcomed me with open arms.

Anyway, I like what I've seen so far on the fourms.

Jon

Welcome. It's great to have young guys like yourself stay involved with the program. I stayed involved up until I got married (age 22). Then was gone for a while. Being an EMT is a bonus for whatever unit is lucky enough to have you a part of it.

"Welcome. It's great to have young guys like yourself stay involved with the program. I stayed involved up until I got married (age 22). Then was gone for a while. Being an EMT is a bonus for whatever unit is lucky enough to have you a part of it."

Thanks all for your welcome.

Being an EMT is definatly a bonus for my brother's troop... but not really for me... 2 weeks ago, we had a troop get-together at a local dairy farm that makes Ice Cream.... somehow, one of the scouts got stung by a bee.... So who gets to do first aid? not the scouts with First Aid Merit badge... they come to me....

Its all good. I love the forums so far, but there are too many topics to read them all

Jon

Welcome Jon always good to hear from a fellow EMT out there. Its great when our skills can be put to use in scouting. (Been teaching first aid to scouts now for well over 8 years.

Take care

James