looking for ceremonial arrow

I am a new WebII den leader and am looking for an inexpensive arrow to present the boys at crossover. I'v seen a few online, but they are rather expensive. I'm not sure the pack will be able to afford spending that kind of money. Any suggestions?

There's a place in Montana that has Native American craftsmen who make replica arrows that are very nice. Because they are replicas, they aren't very expensive, relatively. We used them last year for our Webelos AOL awards, and everyone really liked them. I think they go for about $15, but because the owner like Scouts, I was able to get them for about $12 each. This is more than the arrows at the Scout store, but depending on how you're using them, the Scout Store arrows look more like toys. They have a kit for a more realistic arrow, but I found it to be kind of "ok". The ones I found have cedar shafts, real turkey feathers, and bone arrowheads. If you'd like me to dig up the link, send me an email and I'd be happy to do so.

We started the ceremonial arrow thing last year. Parents paid for them and we kept them as a surprise (being the first time...) The Web II's thought it was cool, but the payoff is that the younger Scouts WANT THE ARROW! So, we'll see if this boosts the number of boys earning AOL and (cross fingers) crossing over.

We got the arrows off of the 'Net and were very pleased with the product.

We found that Grey Owl Crafts is a good source. They are the official supplier of the stuff you see in the Scout catalog and they have HUGE amounts of other indian crafts and ceremonial wear in the catalog.

Their ordering system is fast and their paper catalog is really cool. Here is the link to their ceremonial arrows and other crafts

http://www.greyowlcrafts.com/scouting/craftprojects.htm

CMM