Customized Google Scout News Page

Wow! Google News has a new "Customized News" function! It is an option up toward right hand corner of the Google News page which reads "Customize This Page":

http://news.google.com

After you save your changes, bookmark your customized page because your URL is then different:

http://news.google.com/news#s_1

You can customize it to report any slant that you want, depending on what keywords you use.

For my own newspage, I just used the keywords "Scout Scouts" and selected the option to show nine stories. So today my customized news page shows the following stories:

Sioux City Journal

Area Scouts earn badges at national Jamboree

Tullahoma News and Guardian - 11 hours ago

Several Coffee and Franklin County boy scouts and troop leaders have recently returned from a huge, national gathering where they had a chance to learn new things, meet new people and have lots of fun. The ...

Jamboree woes a lesson for area Scouts Toledo Blade

Is the Boy Scouts of America public or private? Enter Stage Right

Concord Monitor - Bradenton Herald - Danville Advocate - all 96 related

10,000 Scouts and Guides are now onsite and are having a great ...

di-ve.com - 18 hours ago

by di-ve.com. England hosts 10,000 scouts and guides from 52 countries for EuroJam 2005, a European Scout Jamboree. The event at Chelmsford is billed as the biggest scouting jamboree in Britain for fifty years. ...

How safe are Utah Scouts on outings?

Standard-Examiner (subscription) - 20 hours ago

By Lynze Wardle. In 42 years with the Boy Scouts, Brent Cragun, 62, estimates he supervised nearly 100 Scouts on as many trips. The Mountain Green resident said he has led Scouts on outdoor adventures ranging ...

The Scouts' hard summer Standard-Examiner (subscription)

STORY OF THE WEEK: Death in the mountains Salt Lake Tribune

Provo Daily Herald - all 5 related

Co-ed Boy Scout group part of broader effort to boost ranks

Fort Wayne News Sentinel - 16 hours ago

BY DANNY SANCHEZ. FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - (KRT) - Sierra White occasionally wears a uniform to her high school, prompting strange looks from others. "They're like, `Wow, are you a Girl Scout or a Boy Scout?' and I tell them `I'ma Boy Scout,'" she said. ...

Southeast Boy Scouts Council looks at merger Juneau Empire

all 2 related

Scouts hold to the past while leaping into the future

Fairfield Daily Republic - Jul 25, 2005

By Claire St. John. FAIRFIELD - Those sepia images of Beaver Cleaver-looking Boy Scouts canoeing on a lake or glowing Girl Scouts learning how to bake and decorate cakes still apply today. Modern scouting, with ...

Thoughts about the jamboree

The Free Lance-Star - 18 hours ago

T HE IDEA OF IT all seemed intriguing: Nearly 40,000 Boy Scouts from all over the world gathered in one spot to celebrate Scouting. Ten days of activities, camaraderie and merit badges--sounds like a hearty time. ...

ACLU goes after the Boy Scouts

WEBCommentary - 9 hours ago

The ACLU pretends to fight for our rights but in reality is the biggest threat to freedom this side of al-Qaeda. The American Civil Liberties Union, a defender of Islamic terrorists and champion of the North ...

Two Horicon scouts earn Eagle honors

Beaver Dam Daily Citizen - 11 hours ago

By CONNIE DORNFELD/Staff Reporter. HORICON - Ryan Bennett, son of Andy and Jill Bennett, and Eric Duellman, son of Tim and Joan Duellman, received the highest rank conferred by the Boy Scouts of America during ...

Bentonville Scout meets president

Benton County Daily Record - 14 hours ago

By Tonya McKiever Staff Writer tonyam@nwanews.com. BENTONVILLE Mark Shewmaker had just one word to describe how he felt when he learned he would stand near President Bush last week at the Boy Scout Jamboree in Fort. AP Hill in Virginia. The word? ...

Kudu ... cool!

I'm sure that everyone has used google maps, right?

http://maps.google.com

One thing that I love about this is the fact that you can use your mouse and scroll through the entire trip seeing all the details. The other cool thing that I like about this map is that you can superimpose the satellite pictures on your route!

1Hour(This message has been edited by OneHour)