Old Scout new to the forums

Hello there!

My name is Russell Wright. I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma (Indian Nations Council) and have been a lifelong resident of Oklahoma. I earned my Eagle Scout in 1992 and I am hoping that I can get involved in Scouting again in the near future.

Why are you waiting to get involved again? When I aged out and left for college I figured that I would wait until after I had kids to get involved again. 10 years later, a Silver Beaver I met on a jobsite convinced me to call my local council and get involved as a volunteer. I did and spent several years as Assistant Scoutmaster for a local troop prior to my son being born. It was a great experience.

Don't miss out! Joining our virtual campfire is a good first step.

CMM

Why am I waiting? Good question ...

Well, I am still currently in school (working on my MBA) and I have a wife that thinks I spread myself too thin as it is ;)

I have contacted my local council and awaiting word on possibly getting involved as a Commissioner. If that doesn't pan out, then I will start hunting down troops in my council that I may be interested in joining as a volunteer or even an ASM.

BTW, anyone know where you can find uniforms in "Big & Tall" sizes cheap (used uniforms, etc.)?

Hello Russell,

Another newbie to the forums here and a fellow Eagle Scout Alumni from the Indian Nations Council (Eagle Awarded 1982 Troop 36). I was a Unit Commissioner there for a couple of years prior to moving out to Utah. GREAT bunch of people to work with there I think you'll enjoy being back in the program.

James Tarpley

Unfortunately, the wife has put her foot down ... for now. With a baby on the way and me working on my MBA, I guess she wants me at home as much as possible (understandable).

I will look into starting after my MBA is done in June :)