Not to beat a dead horse about Mr. Juris - but the main thing that bothered me, and I even had acouple of PMs with him, was his reluctance, nay outright refusal, to say where he served - i.e. unit, district/council or even where he was - his profile stated only USA.

I also feel that as trustworthy scouts we all might be more open with each other and complete our profiles better. It would often help to understand one's perspective if we knew they were a CM from California or a COR from Utah or a SM from Georgia.

Of course as I told Juris anyone can put a bunch of letters up in their profile - but we should be honest. I respect most of the people on this forum based on what I read - however I wouldn't expect to meet you at a Scouting event and you have your left sleeve covered with a black cloth and introduce yourself as "Scoutman".

YIS

Ron Vocelka

Webelos Den Leader

Pack 17

St. Mary's Catholic Church

Ozark Trails Council

Joplin, MO

Ronvo,

Terry's bland statement about Juris's poor spelling notwithstanding, I suspect that our moderators concluded that Juris was a troll and was either another poster using a dual identity or was a previously banned poster. His spelling and syntax were noticeably inconsistent and were merely camoflage, in my opinion. Who knows who he really was? His ideas were pretty bizarre, and as SR540Beaver has suggested in another thread, not really Scouting at all.

But I like your idea! I think I'll show up at our next camporee wearing goggles and a red cape and proclaim myself "Scouterman"!

Will the red cape have a fluer de lis superimposed with a big S

Sounds cool!

By the way Trev where are you in God's Country? I grew up in the Sam Houston Area Council.

ronvo

I have had several PM from Juris, or who ever he is. In most cases his posts hardly make sense.

To much of his stuff is so off the wall.

I have started ignoring his posts.

By the way Beaver. Come a little further South and find Gods country.. Come visit us in Longhorn Council.

Durndest thang - the past few years we have been seeing armadillos up here in Missouri. Makes ya wonder how they cold get so far north since most of them I do see are squashed on the Old Mother Road - Route 66 trying to cross south to north!

ronvo

Mr Beaver, sir

I live on the border of Oklahoma.

I drive often to Oklahoma on my way to Texas.

I stayed in Oklahoma

Mr Beaver, Oklahoma is NOT God's Country. (Smiley Face ICon here if I knew how to do it.)

Actually have any of you ever visited Woolaroc, Frank Phillip's Ranch near Bartlesville. Very interesting.

Game preserve. Wonderful museum with LOTS of Native American artifacts and a bit or two of Scout stuff. Frank was of course Waite Phillips brother, the man who donated Philmont to BSA.

Alos in Barlesville is a Frank Lloyd Wright building.

ronvo

Not quite sure where God lives, or why he would have a particular area set aside as God's country.

My old catechism tells me God is everywhere so maybe he's walking quietly w/ the old gent down by the creek, although I thgought I saw him this morning gathering wood for the bonfire on the beach later tonight!

I'm smiling as I remember a popular bumper sticker in these parts a few years back that announced "There is no life west of the Chesapeake Bay." Yeah, I wonder what God thought of that one.

Bob

ronvo,

You can make a smiley face by typing a : and a ) together. You can make a winky face by typing a ; and a ) together. Since you live in Baja Oklahoma, we'll just consider both states as part of God's country. ;) And yes, Woolaroc is a cool place to visit. It has been years since I've been there. For those who don't know, Woolaroc got its name from woods, lake and rock.

Bob58,

I happen to know for a fact that God lives in Oklahoma, I talk to him daily! ;)

After spending last week in the Dallas area in the 100 degree heat with no rain, I didn't think of "God's Country", rather thought I was near the little guy dressed in red with the horns!

I did see my first Armadillo last week. By the way, they are said to have been spotted in southern Illinois also.

Dale