Please pray for one of our own!

One of the Bear Den Leaders in our Pack, based in south St. Louis County, MO, has been diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer.

Steve K.'s surgery a month or so ago didn't 'get it all.' As I (the CM) write this, he might have as little as one week left on this Earth. I don't think he's even 34 years old.

Steve has been a valuable member of our team for three years now, serving his Den and our Pack faithfully. He has been a fun and terrific Den Leader.

If you pray, please, then, pray for Steve and his family (wife, one son/currently a Bear, and a kindergarten-age daughter). Maybe there can be a miracle for him, through prayer.

Thanks very much.

And, by all means, hug your loved ones. Tell them you love them. Never part company angry with them. Because, the only thing we are guaranteed is this one moment. Everything beyond that is up to, I believe, our God.

YIS,

Oakville Tim

Tim,

I will add Steve to my prayer list.

I do agree that we must never take the people we love for granted.

I thank the Great Scoutmaster everyday for making OJ as strong and healthy as he is, even on the days when I think about marmalading him!! Her Who Must Be Obeyed, has had a very rough time these past few months. I think for a while we had just got so used to being with each other that we took the fact that we still love each other as a given. That is not a good idea.

Eamonn.