How to pick Up a date in the Uniform

figured this would be fun, I guess this would heavily rely on boy scouty pick up lines like

hey my olive green pants match your lovely eyes

or

O sorry i was doing a course and my compass led me straight to you....

any ideers?

"Personally I ise my fingers unless they are sugared or honey dipt in which case I will use the toothpick on my swiss army knife "

Good thinking cause then you won't get your unifrom dirty

... excuse me Miss, as a scout, I was taught to "be prepared," but I don't think that I can ever be prepared to meet such beauty as the one who is standing before me ...

... excuse me Miss, but can you help me? After seeing you, I'm all knotted up inside! ...

... excuse me Miss, but do you want to know something very parculiar? My heart acts like a compass! It leads me straight to you.

... excuse me Miss, I need to do my good turn daily. I can help you to know me better?

:)

(man ... it has been a while! Have never regretted my choice for the past 15 years and never will!)(This message has been edited by OneHour)

"sugared or honey dipt". That's like gilding the lily.

Go out around Indio or Palm Springs and find an untended tree. Pick up hundreds. Dates are the best. The most perfect candy. I put them in my trail mix.

Funny, slightly related story...

the scout camp where i've worked for 6-7 summers is really close to the famous "Santa Fe Opera" and a few friends (both girls, and only friends) drove up to camp to pick me up, and see a perfomance on one of my nights off. So we decide to get dressed up... the girls bring formal dresses, but I feel like it would be okay to just wear a class a uniform (venture green). Over the course of the night, we pulled up to an ATM and I got out, leaving the ladies in the car. And the way they tell it, they thought I looked rather dashing, and decided to honk at me because of it :-D

who needs pickup lines when you're a clean cut, uniform wearing gentleman (and I think the gentleman part is rather important here) :-D

-Curtis :-D

Try joining Sea Scouts. :-) Get one the white uniforms with epaulets on and wear white shoes. Even old fat guys like myself get complements on it. I don't know that this works as well for women as guys. The white uniform also works for boys. Last year at the Council banquet, I happened to meet and congratulate the newly installed Council President. He said, "The Scout Executive told me I can wear the uniform of any program in Scouting. I think I want that one." I told him where to get one. (Unabashed plug for Sea Scouting!)

My wife never considered it a deterrent. It is the amount of time I spend in it that leads to problems.

During my tenure in high school, the uniform didn't get in the way but sometimes going to church, Order of the Arrow, playing sports, school clubs, Scout meetings and outings did. Since study wasn't a priority, I dated in my spare time. I pretty much made a mess of it. I hope they all have forgiven me by now.

FB

Well, if I recall correctly I said something profound like, "Hi," at a camporee in '81, to the younger sister of one of my fellow Scouts. It seems to have worked.

She served cake to everyone at my Eagle Court of Honor in '83 and we served it to each other at our wedding in '90.

But for a cheesy pickup line how about,

"I've been Scouting for you"

"My tent or yours?"

"I think I've just found the 11th essential, it's you"

Thankfully its true, every girl likes a guy in Uniform. Whether its police, firemmen, or even scouts! Good story BSAChaplain!

Personally, I have noticed the girls like the flat hat! My girlfreind likes the Venturing uniform too :)

Not to stary too far off topic but speaking of Uniforms, I thought you'd all get a kick out of this one... A fellow Eagle Scout who is getting his flying license sent me this today! Enjoy!

Two men dressed in pilots' uniforms walk up the aisle of the airplane. Both are wearing dark glasses, one is using a guide dog and the other is tapping his way along the aisle with a white cane. Nervous laughter spreads through the cabin, but the men enter the cockpit, the door closes, and the engines start up. The passengers begin glancing nervously around, searching for some sign that this is just a little practical joke. None is forthcoming.

The plane moves faster and faster down the runway, and the people sitting in the window seats realize they're headed straight for the water at the edge of the airport territory. As it begins to look as though the plane will plough into the water, panicked screams fill the cabin. At that moment, the plane lifts smoothly into the air. The passengers relax and laugh a little sheepishly, and soon all retreat into their magazines, secure in the knowledge that the plane is in good hands.

In the cockpit, one of the blind pilots turns to the other and says, "You know, Dennis, one of these days, they're gonna scream too late and we're all gonna die."

In uniform, out, it doesn't seem to make a difference with women. Sooner or later (usually sooner) they all dumped me. Except for one who seems to perpetually have second thoughts. Now, I also prefer Phoenix dactylifera, they're softer, warmer, and sweeter than the feminine type.;)

Edited part: great joke, VentureScout!(This message has been edited by packsaddle)