Hi,

The 3 Rivers District of DelMarVa Council has laced up its running shoes one more time... This is just one of the e-mails that our volunteers have been floating around. I strongly encourage you to visit the website ( boyscout5k.org ) We're 35 minutes south of Philly (Okay, Philadelphia, did I spell it correctly?)

Last year the Overall winner was an Eagle from Pennsylvania. We've invited the local High schools to send some of their recreational runners free of charge. Several packs will be walking and several more will be collecting for the canned good drive even though they won't be walking/running that day. We're expecting a dozen health care groups to participate in the Health Fair. Most important we hope you will pass this along to anyone you know in southeartern PA, Delaware, Northeastern MD or South Jersey.

-Bob

We need friends like you to help run, walk, make a donation, or sponsor the 2nd Annual Boy Scout 5K Run/Walk. The funds raised are part of the Friends of Scouting (FOS) campaign to be used in the local Boy Scouts, DEL-MAR-VA Council. The Council serves 20,000 youth (boys and girls) and 5,000 adult (men and women) volunteers in Delaware and the Eastern Shores of Maryland and Virginia.

It is the mission of the Boy Scouts of America to prepare young people to make ethical choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law.

Part of this mission is to promote good physical and mental fitness. There are may ways to achieve this, the 5K is one way. So join us in living out our oath.

We are your neighbors, friends, and relatives in Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Venture Crews, and Explorer Posts. Make it a family event and join the fun. Become a FOS!

To Run or Walk the 5K, you can fill out the attached form OR

Sign up online at: http://www.boyscout5k.org/signup.html'>http://www.boyscout5k.org/signup.html

The event will feature a USATF 5K Run, 5K Walk, and a Kids Fun Run to benefit the DEL-MAR-VA Council, Boy Scouts of America. The events will be open to all registered participants. The Kids run is limited to children under 14 years of age on the day of the race. The event will also sponsor a Health and Fitness Expo Tent and includes music, food, T-shirts, awards, and prizes.

To Make a Donation or Sponsor the 5K, you can fill out the attached form OR

All contributions are tax deductible and you will receive a statement at the end of the year from the DEL-MAR-VA Council, Boy Scouts of America.

We need your generosity and friendship more than ever. Please email this to your friends, family and coworkers.

On My Honor,

Primus

Primus Poppiti

Race Director

302-383-0968

http://www.boyscout5k.org

Make checks payable to: DEL-MAR-VA Council, BSA Detach and send to: DEL-MAR-VA Council, BSA, 801 N. Washington Street, Wilmington, DE 19801

Boy Scout 5K Sponsorship

Name: ___________________________________________________________________

Address: __________________________________________________________________

Email: _______________________________________ Phone: _____________________

Visa/MC: ____________________ Exp. ___/___ Check #:_________ Amount: ________

------------------------------

DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error. Thank you.

-----------------------------

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Only 9 days to the 5k! Do you know anyon who is participating?

Race director Primus Popitti tells me that we've topped 150 runners -- that's relatively small compared to the MS or American Cancer Society events but we're growing.

If you know a runner in Delaware or nearby Maryland, Pennsylvania or New Jersey please fwd the web link.

www.boyscout5k.org

Thanks, Bob

Just had our last pre race meeting & things look good!

I've become aware of several other Scout runs & hope forum members will post re their readers experiences. I was tempted to note from California to New Jersey, but that wouldn't be a 5k! or at least a different one perhaps 5k Km depending on the route!

We have over 150 runners registered and if we top 200 on race day we will have the largest 5k in the state that is run by volunteers. Not a big deal really until you consider some of the "big dogs" (American Cancer Soc., MS, MDA, Spec. Oly) have professionals who do nothing but promotion and fundraising.

I'm very proud of our district leaders and the job they've done. Please take a look at the web sight (now or late next week for this years updated pics & info). I think that one of our best ideas is the food bank donation for the kids Fun Run -- the young ones get runners bibs & ribbons & the food bank get help & publicity.

Wish us well as we step out on Saturday morning!

Bob