im not sure where to put this, so i put it here. my dad would like to become the rifle MB counsler for our troop, but in order to do that he needs to get NRA cetification as a range master. Does anyone know where he could do this?

thanks

hacimsaalk12

Have him check out www.NRA.org .(and while he is at it his NRA membership status)...The Range safety officer course used to be and 8 or 9 hour course and he may also need some of the basic instructor classes...But a quick call to NRA could set him on the path...

they used to hold several different classes in the Altoona area but I am not sure now days where most of the classes are held.

good luck!

I think that the training you are looking for is Range Safety Officer but you'd better confirm that. The web site www.nrahq.org is where you find information on training. If RSO is the course you are looking for then there isn't much to choose from in PA. Here are your best bets from my search...

Range Safety Officer

* Marriottsville - Saturday, August 13, 2005, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc., $125

Carl M. & Roxanne Byczkowski, 410-875-0664. , sureshottraining@aol.com

Class types: Range Safety Officer

* Marriottsville - Saturday, August 13, 2005, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc., $125

Carl M. & Roxanne Byczkowski, 410-875-0664. , sureshottraining@aol.com

* Takoma Park, - Wednesday, April 13, 2005, 6839 Eastern Avenue, $250

Ricardo A. Royal, 202 529-4724. ,

The Guide to Safe Scouting requires a "Certified Instructor".

The NRA offers training for "Range Safety Officers" and "Certified Instructors". I have completed both courses. The certified rifle instructor course that I took was a Friday night through Sunday noon class. The range safety officer class was an all day Saturday affair. I do not believe that being a range safety officer qualifies you as a certified instructor in accordance with the Guide to Safe Scouting.(This message has been edited by Region 7 Voyageur)