Parental tiger cub problems

As EagleinKY mentioned, it is NOT the CM's decision to "fire" you or not. If you truly want to find out what is going on get your CC & COR together & ask them. They are the ones with the authority to "hire" & "fire" leaders, not the CM.

Your CM has no right to spout generalities & gossip & then tell you you are gone. At the very least, you have the right to know what is being said about you.

For one thing the CM does not have the authority to remove anyone as a Den Leader. We had to remove a leader last year. We had to meet with the Pack Committee Chair, our CO Rep. The District commissioner and our District Exe. They met with the leader. Went over what the problems then met with the parents that had complained.

After about 2 months it was decided that the leader needed to go. But you can't go behind someones back and do this. It isn't fair to anyone in the unit much less the boys.

When my son was a Tiger the pack had two Tiger dens. DL were trained and left before the first meeting. I volunteered and ended up with twenty Tigers. I spent the year calling parents, reminding them of meetings, planning the meetings, everything that happened in the den I did. I asked for help every week. No one volunteered. Two weeks before graduation a mom called me to say that her son was not going to attend any more meetings. She thought that I was not doing enough for her son. I challenged her to plan an event or suggest an event and she could not. She did not have enough time to "do my job for me". At graduation, the CM announced that he was leaving. I was asked to lead the Wolf den AND become the CM. Most of the parents were very happy that there was a program each week.

Remember the Cub Scout motto. "Do your best."

The CM should step down, IMHO. Any CM who would come to a DL and deliver such gossip is not worthy of the office. Go to the Committee Meeting and ask for a clarification of this issue.

"She did not have enough time to "do my job for me"."

I think this is the essence of it--some parents really don't get it that this is not your "job," that you're just a volunteer, and that if they're not willing to step up, they shouldn't complain. I recently had a new dad in the troop complain to me that his two sons still haven't made Tenderfoot, and he wanted to know who was responsible for getting them there. I told him that my son, who is Troop Guide, had been working with the new scouts on their requirements. I mentioned to him that my son could not get his boys to bring their handbooks to meetings after repeated reminders, and that it was hard to sign off anything if they didn't (I had also told him previously that his sons needed to bring their books). This didn't really seem to register, however.