U.S. Scouting Service has this notation at the bottom of thepage:

"Source: Leadership Training Committee Guide - 2003 (#34169F)"

I looked at the 2001 edition of the Leadership Training Committee Guide, which I have here, and it matches what is listed on meritbadge.com.

It would appear that the reqts listed on U.S. Scouting Service are more current, but I don't know if they've have been updated again since 2003, but Bob will most likely know that once he checks the form.

At the troop level, only the SM can earn the SM Key. All other positions in the Troop (ASM, MC, CC) earn the Boy Scout Leader Training Award. There is also a Key for District Committee (all members, not just Chairman), Commissioners, Venturing Advisors/Skippers, and Varsity Coach.

Sctldr is correct.

There is one "key" award, called the Scouter's Key. The knot representing the medal is green and white on a tan background. The key award can be earned as a Scoutmaster, Varsity Coach, Skipper, Venturing, Commissioner, or District Committee member. The requirements are different for each phase. A device is pinned to the knot to show for which phase the key was earned.

The Scouter's Training Award is different. The knot representing the medal is green on a tan background. The training award can be earned by any adult Boy Scout leader. A device is pinned to the knot to show for which phase the award was earned. The requirements for each phase are different.

The details may be found in the current edition of the Leadership Training Committee Guide release 'F', 2003. The U.S. Scouting Service website lists the old requirements from the 2001 edition, though they incorrectly list the source as the 2003 edition. MB.com also lists the old requirements.

The current requirements for the Scouter's Key for a Scoutmaster (Scoutmaster's Key) are listed in my earlier post in this thread.