Is there any way around the two deep. Can I take my son(6) with me to pick up another scout,whose parents dont have enough money for gas. Rural area 7 miles apart. They have two boys (1 is tiger,other is Webelos 2) I dont want to lose either one of these guys, & the SM

doesnt know their financial situation.

It seems a shame to lose scouts,just because of no ride

Nutz4scouting

I'm not following all of your post, but since Tiger Cubs must have an adult partner with them, wouldn't you be driving the Tiger friend along with his parent? That would eliminate the concern you have.

they should have covered those kind of things...In fast start, Basic and YP!

Leaders are not supposed to be ALONE with boys other than their own children. TWO deep is for events so that there is never a question of a single adult being alone with a boy...

It would be nearly impossible to drive troops anywhere if you needed two adults for every vehicle.

JUST NOT ONE SCOUT IN A CAR WITH ONE ADULT LEADER unless the scout is a son of one of the leaders...

glad you got your answer!

"JUST NOT ONE SCOUT IN A CAR WITH ONE ADULT LEADER unless the scout is a son of one of the leaders..."

anarchist - Please tell me you typed this wrong... and you really meant unless it is the son of the driver.

Same rules apply to leaders sons and all the other boys!