Trader John,

I used to be in the Middle Tennessee Council and have been to Boxwell a couple of times. My oldest boy has been there more often.

I have to say that it would be well worth the 561 mile trip. They have a new pool facility, a large lake for fishing and swimming, hiking trails, deer galore and paved roads to most locations in the camp. The tents are your typical platform canvas style tents and the food is excellent.

Man, thinking about it make me wish the council I am in now had as good of a camp. I am hoping to get our troop here to do summer camp there one year.

YIS

Andy

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but...

I thought Boxwell was the name of the Reservation and that there were several distinct camps within the reservation.

The place seemed pretty nice when I was there for an OA conclave. I really can't say anything one way or the other about summer program quality.

One note, the showers and bathrooms at this place are so nice it is obscene. Individual little rooms in a big block building. Give me a break. I mean really, what is wrong with the ye ole privy?

The Mid-Ten people sure do know how to raise money. Everything at that camp has a bronze plaque attached with the name of some donor on it.

I wouldn't drive 561 miles for it, but that is just me. I would gladly drive the distance from where I live to Boxwell, but not 561 miles.

If you choose Boxwell, let us all know about it. Best of luck in selecting a camp and I hope your summer plans work out well.