If you're buying on ebay - stay away from the British/India/Civil War models - the short ones.

The Rexcraft model ( makers of the scout bugle ) is a great choice. They go for more with the scout logo on them. I've not seen one for as low as $15, unless, as was indicated, it had some dents. Most go for $40 or so.

The non-logoed Rexcraft is a good choice, as is standard army issue. Try to get one keyed in "C"

fotoscout

Thanks for the info. Checked out the web site and found just what we were looking for. the added bonus is that they are only about 40 min from us.

The guy there is great to work with and we are going to drive down at some point, try a few out and then decide which one to get.

Thanks again.

Being a trumpeter I figured that I'd add my thoughts here. Any local music store should be able to order a bugle for you, but they are most likely going to be of 'symphonic' quality, and as such will be more expensive. For less money but the same quality I'd reccomend Woodwind/Brasswind, located in South Bend (I think,) Indiana or at www.wwbw.com The downfall to online ordering is that you need to know what you want when you order. Good luck

• 7 years later...