Hello all,

Let me introduce myself. I am a 17-year old Eagle Scout, living in Oklahoma. And I run a website called the Boy Scout Blogger.

The weblink is: http://travis17blog.blogspot.com

I have recently launched a new set of articles about my Trail to Eagle. The present articles are of my daily life, things that a Christian would be interested in, as well as conservative political views and historical articles.

When you visit please vote in my poll and sign my guestbook!

I look forward to your comments, please let me know what you think! I look forward to getting to know you all better!

In Christ,

The Blogging Boy Scout,

Travis

In order to make commenting easier, I have turned on comments on my scout article on. I hope you fellows will add a comment or two.

Eamonn,

Thank you sir for your comment! I would be very interested in the rest of your thoughts! I think the guestbook has a word limit. :-( Are you from England, originally? I have often wanted to sit down and have a long chat with one of our brothers over there in Britain! I was wondering...how close is your son to Eagle? I was also wondering what is your profession? Besides, working with scouting? Are you living in PA now? Good luck to your son on the final leg of the Eagle Trail.

Talk to you later,

The Blogging Boy Scout,

Travis

Hi Travis,

Yes I was born and raised in London. However both my parents were Irish. Eamonn is my real name, it is the Irish for Edward or Edwin.

When I was a little fellow (Not that I'm big now!!) The part of London I was in was very much an Irish area. We all attended the local Roman Catholic schools, which had mostly kids that came from Irish families. As a nipper I was sent "Home" every summer to spend the school vacation at my Grandparents farm. That was until I started spending more time camping with the Scouts.

My Son OJ (The O is for Oliver. Named after Saint Oliver Plunkett, who was from our part of Ireland, County Meath) Only needs to do the Leadership project and he would have done everything for his Eagle. I am not pushing him, it's his Eagle, his project and should be his goal. I kinda think he might get around to it sometime in the spring. He still really enjoys Scouting and is heavily involved with the OA and our OA Lodge. He has expressed a desire to go as far as he can maybe trying to become involved at the Regional or National level, this might be the carrot he needs to complete his Eagle?

In the real world I'm employed by UPMC (University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center) as a Registered Dietician. I work in the Senior Living area, mainly in our assisted living facilities. I started out many years ago as an English History teacher, but really didn't like teaching. I think, looking back that I just didn't like the school, I was in. It was big with almost 6,000 students and was very much a "Black Board Jungle". So I quit, went back to school and became a chef!! Then went back to school again and did a degree in Restaurant Management. Before moving to Pennsylvania I was the Executive Chef for the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) Even though the title was Chef, I in fact was in charge of all the food service for all five kitchens that we had in the London area.

When we moved to the USA, we ( Her That Must Be Obeyed -My wife) bought a small restaurant and a few years later bought another one. About six years ago we sold one, closed the other one and have been trying to sell that one. Life was for a while very hectic, I was back at school working on becoming a Dietitian as well as running both restaurants. It's no wonder that I have gray hair!!

I really do like living in Pennsylvania, the people are the greatest. Where we live we have a mix of Polish, Italian and German descendants they are great people. I have to admit some of the names seem to have every letter in the alphabet thrown in.

Of course I'm not that great a lover of the cold winters that we have and we are thinking of moving some place South, when we get OJ through school. Least ways that is the plan right now. We had planned on retiring to Ireland, but it is just as cold there in the winter, maybe not as cold, but it's a different cold more damp and not that great for people with bad backs!!

As I posted, great work on site. I have only ever stayed one night in Oklahoma, we were on our way to Philmont and it was really hot. We found a motel with a nice pool and that was like heaven.

Eamonn.

Eamonn,

When you are tired of the cold, think of Arizona. We would love to have you here, and would love to have your experience in our district. Hint: Seek out the Firebird District when you are out here looking for a ranch to retire in. LOL.

I have some posts I thought you guys might enjoy.

1. Let Freedom Ring! A patriotic song I thought my readers might enjoy.

2. Our Christian Heritage An article talking about the United State's Christian Heritage including quotes about the Bible from our forefathers.

3. I Will Worship.com! A free Christian guitar music site!

The Blogging Boy Scout,

Travis

Visit here to see the posts: http://travis17blog.blogspot.com

Blogger:

I see that you have an interest in the religions of our founding fathers. I recently learned that about what is commonly called the Jefferson Bible. The full title is The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth, Extracted Textually from the Gospels. It is a compilation not a translation. Jefferson wanted to emphasize the moral teachings of Christ and deemphasize miracles.

The text can be found in English, Spanish, and German at http://www.angelfire.com/co/JeffersonBible/. It is also available in paperback.

I am very impressed by what you have done but do have one comment. Please add a disclaimer on your site saying that the opinions on the site are your own and not those of the BSA.

• 2 weeks later...