Looking for info on 4th generation Eagle

Hi folks! My nephew just made Eagle Scout, making him the 4th generation in our family to achieve this. Great grandfather made Eagle in 1916, grandfather in 1943, and father in 1972. You ought to see the four badge sashes altogether.. really cool!

Anyway, my dad (Eagle 1943) is wanting to know just how unusual/special this accomplishment may be. Can anyone out there advise me if there's a way to research how many other 4th generation Eagles are out there? A Google search turns up 4 or 5 mentions, but nothing concrete.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Susan

Sorry Susan, but I do not know of an records of that type kept by anyone, and I doubt you will find any. I know that national has no way of tracking such things and neither do the councils. So without a way to check with them it is anyone gues how many of the 1.33 million or so Eagles were related. It is a wonderful thing for your family regardless of how often it may have happen. Congratulations to all four generations.

BW

Thanks to Bob & Semper very much! The link is great. My dad will love that.

As a die-hard Ebay seller, I often wonder would I could get for the badge sashes... especially grandfather's, which is a bit different than a sash. Don't worry, my dad & brother would KILL me if I did such a thing...

Thanks again, Susan

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know about anyone else.. but I know that my family has 3 generations of eagles.

My grandfather.. in who knows when.

My uncle.. sometime around 1969-1971.

My brother.. 1997 i believe.

I'd have gotten eagle.. if I could have passed the first requirement. :)